Monday, November 3, 2008

Phishing 101

Phishing became a popular sport for Internet Identity thieves as far back as 2002, but because it's been so lucrative it's still around. And phishing theives have become better at creating their bait. I'm pretty sure that it was a phish that caught my husband's eBay account (that we are still struggling with closing--does anybody know someone at eBay. They keep giving us formula answers and all I want to do is shut the thing down.)



Anyway if you're still unsure how a phish works, here's a easy to understand tutorial. You've probably seen this style of animation to explain other things. The guys over at Common Craft have a talent for describing things. Take a look.

1 comment:

  1. I do know several people at EBay. Not sure if they can help, but I can ask.

    ReplyDelete