Thursday, February 26, 2009

If this is how they treat good customers...

Over the weekend I watched Jerry Lewis' The Bellboy twice. I saw it a few times when I was a kid but didn't remember any of it. OMG, this movie is so funny. Now I can't stop relating almost anything I come across to The Bellboy. So imagine my hysterics when a Twitter friend gave a tweet that she just received notice from Capital One that they were raising her interest rate from 8.9% to 30% because she pays her bills in full and on time. HA, ha, ha, that's like when the Bellboy gives a box of candy to the dieting guests so she'll come have to come back and diet again. Oh, wait it's nothing like that...

It's exactly like what I wrote about in Credit Card Companies Slap "Good" Customers. Capital One is trying to capitalize on the one time the little tweeter doesn't pay her card in full. The company sent an undisclosed number of credit card customers similar letters with notice that their rates will increase in April. Good thing they've got enough time to close these accounts. Just what will that do to the struggling credit buffoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment